Hello Friends, today we will see how to cut front opening pattern for kurti kameez. But before jumping to front open kurti cutting lemme talk about some of my uploading issues on latest kurti styles. Many of my viewers whatsapp me latest kurti design images for tutorials and ask me to upload it at earliest. I would like to request them please have patience all requests will be uploaded. I have already uploaded many kurti designs for stitching. I’ll definitely upload your requested kurti pattern images give me some time.
I told about my fracture incident in my sewing video of A line kurti stitching. Many many thanks to my subscribers, well- wishers for sending me get well soon messages. Those who are not aware, last month I had a hairline fracture in my little toe. And my ankle joint is immobilized till today. Still 20 more days I have to be with the plastered ankle joint. Hope to meet soon my sewing machine. Any ways now let’s come to our topic of front open long kurti.
The video link at the bottom of post 😉
We will now see pattern making of long straight kurti with palazzo. Below is the image of it and we will make same type of front slit kurti. This front open kurti design has half collar neckline. I’ll be posting a separate tutorial on it.
Hey I am also on Instagram now, join us on our Instagram page .
Front Open Long Kurti Pattern Drafting
Front open long kurti can be paired with jeans, leggings. I prefer front open kurtis with palazzo. You know I have affinity towards palazzo pants. I have many plazo with various types of fabric. I have explained palazzo cutting steps in my previous post refer the palazzo cutting tutorial.
Measurements required for making kurti pattern
- Length 44″
- Bust Round 36″
- Shoulder 14″
- Waist Round 30″
- Waist length 14″ The Vertical measurement from shoulder to waist
- Hip round 36″
- Scale = Bust Round/2 gives us the scale measurement
How much fabric for front slit kurti is required?
You will need 2 different color fabric for this design.
- The base fabric
- The patch will be of width from E – 1 – 2 – F – E.
Front cut kurti long design pattern
Front slit kurti making:
First draw the kurti pattern on paper. On fabric we will cut later.
- Draw the kurti pattern.
- 1 – 10 = Waist length
- 10 – D = Scale / 6 + 1.5″
- Draw a vertical line from Point D – E – F
- Now cut this vertical line D – E- F.
- So now the pattern for front open kurti will be from E – D – F -14 -13 -11 -9 – 3 – E we will name it as NEW KURTI PATTERN.
How to cut kameez with front opening pattern
- First of all cut the back of front opening kurti.
- Give the front armhole shape and cut the pattern.
- My fabric print is width wise so I’ll place the NEW KURTI PATTERN like this.
- If your fabric print is lengthwise, fold the cloth, keeping both selvedges on each other. Wrong side facing you.
- Place the NEW KURTI PATTERN on it the vertical line D – E- F should be on selvedges.
- Now take your yoke fabric and cut the rectangle patch from E – 1 – 2 – F – E .
Front Open Kurti Cutting Images
This finishes the cutting of front opening pattern kameez kurti. The video link of how to make front opening pattern 🙂
In my next post we will see the sewing of the front cut long kurti. If you have any doubts at any point do comment on it.
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528. Follow us on our Instagram page
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Sewing 🙂
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂