In my last post we saw the pattern drafting of kurti. I also uploaded a video for it. Hope you all watched it. Today we will move further and see the drafting of sleeves. Previously also I have posted the drafting of kurti sleeves in the post. But it was in continuation of kurti tutorial. So I thought of writing a new post on kurti sleeves drafting.
Drafting of sleeves pattern
The sleeves pattern has a curve shape. The curve shape is in sync with our arm pit. In the sleeves pattern the curve for front part is deeper compared to the back part. So let’s start with the drafting of sleeves pattern.
Measurement required for drafting sleeves pattern
- Sleeves length
- Arm round
- Scale = is chest measurement divided by 2
Drafting the sleeves pattern
Steps to pattern drafting of the sleeves
- 1 – 2 = Sleeves length + 1.5″( One and half inch )
- 1 – 3 = Scale/4 – 1
- 3 – 4 = Chest/4
- 4 – A = 1″
- 2 – 5 = Arm round/2 + 1″
- 5 – A = 1″
- Join 4 – 5
- 1 – D = 1.5″ ( One and half inch )
- 6 is the mid point of 3 – A
- Draw a perpendicular line from 6
- Draw a line from 1 – A
- E is the intersecting point of the two lines.
- B is half inch above point E.
- C is half inch below point E.
- Draw a straight line from A to B.
- Draw a curve from B to D with the help of french curve.
- Draw a curve from A to C .
- Draw a curve from C to D.
- NOTE: FOR CHEST MEASUREMENTS ABOVE 36 , take point 1 – 3 = 3.5″
In the above diagram of sleeves pattern I’ve drawn the curve from point 1. Coz for presentation purpose I used point 1. But while drafting the sleeves pattern start the curve from point D. Hope you are not confused. Please don’t start the curve from point 1. Well In the video I’ve shown curve from point D itself.
You have to start the curve from point D.
The curve from A – B – D is the back of sleeves.
The curve from A – C – D is the front of sleeves.
I have also uploaded video on drafting sleeves. This will make it easier to follow. And you can have your own pattern drafting of sleeves.
Hope you will find the pattern video helpful. Do comment your views on video.
Friends, if you have any doubts, or wanna say something on my video quality, commentary, etc… please do tell me. I mean whether you are having a good experience or bad experience. Let me know about it and will surely improve and implement your views.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Love “N” Gratitude