Today we will learn the palazzo pants cutting and stitching . In my last post we saw the pattern making of palazzo pants. Palazzo pants go well with crop top, kurti, front open long kurti. We mostly prefer dark colors for palazzo pants. So now let’s see how to cut palazzo pants. The video palazzo pants cutting and sewing has been uploaded on our channel.
Palazzo pants cutting
- Fold the fabric in half as shown in the image.
- Take the front paper pattern of palazzo pants.
- Lay it on the fabric.
- On the opposite side of fabric lay the back paper pattern of palazzo pants.
- You can see in the image below.
- Make sure you keep the patterns in same way.
- Now mark with the chalk the pattern on fabric.
- Or you can directly cut the fabric.
- Now you have all the 4 legs part of palazzo pants.
- From the side of left out fabric we will cut the waistband.
Sewing of palazzo pants :
- First we will take pleats in the palazzo pants.
- For that mark the midpoint.
- According to our diagram it’s from 1-2
- Take 2 pleats in each part of the midpoint.
- Now first we will sew the front of palazzo.
- Keep both right side together of front palazzo pants.
- Start sewing the crotch.
- Now take the back of palazzo pant.
- Keep both right side together of back of palazzo .
- Start sewing the crotch of back of palazzo pants.
Joining both the leg parts of palazzo pants :
- Lay the back of palazzo pants.
- On it keep the front of palazzo pants.
- Make sure both the right side are together.
- Pin up the crotch.
- This will ensure our garment won’t move.
- Now first stitch the side of palazzo.
- Repeat sewing on the other side as well.
- Now start sewing along the inner side of pants.
- And while sewing the inner side you will cross the crotch.
- Come towards bottom while sewing.
- Now all the 4 sides of palazzo pants are joined with each other.
- Fold the bottom seam of both leg parts.
Attaching the waistband :
- Keep the waistband on waist round of pants.
- Start sewing the waistband with the palazzo pants.
- Now we will fold the seam of waistband as shown in video.
- Now insert the elastic band in the waistband as shown in video.
- Finally sew both the open ends of waistband.
This finishes palazzo pant sewing. I hope you surely enjoyed the learning. For visual learning visit our youtube channel.
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂