Let’s see long shrug – cardigan making tutorial. Shrug – cardigan is very easy to sew. I have used my old dupatta / chunni for easy cardigan making. You can keep the cardigan short or long. Also one can sew it sleeveless or with long sleeves. As per our requirement.
Fabric required for making cardigan:
2 Mtrs, it depends on the length of the cardigan i.e double the length of shrug.
Here the length is 30″
Shrug Cardigan sewing video
Shrug – cardigan drafting pattern:
The pattern will be same as in our kurti drafting pattern.
We just have to take the desired length of the shrug.
Making of cardigan :
- First we will draw the back pattern
- Now fold the fabric width wise and draw the back pattern.
- Make sure the neckline is on your folded side.
- Cut the back cardigan pattern.
- Now cut the back neckline where 1-C = half inch and 1- 6 = 3″
CUTTING THE FRONT OF CARDIGAN:
- Now fold the fabric length wise.
- Draw the front pattern as shown in above image.
- First cut from the armhole round till the length.
- As you can see in the image there is extra fabric left ( I’ve written the website name in that extra fabric).
- This fabric will give the fall to shrug.
- The more the fabric the more the fall. And this will depend on the width of the fabric.
- Now cut from shoulder till the selvedges.
- So now you have 2 FRONT PARTS.
- The FRONT PART WILL BE OPEN FROM THE NECKLINE.
Sewing the cardigan shrug:
- First we will sew along the shoulder line.
- Join the back shoulder with the front shoulder.
- Now first we will sew the along the extra fabric.
- Fold the fabric at about half inch and start sewing as shown in video.
- So now our front and back necklines are stitched.
- Now fold and sew the armhole round.
- Now sew the fitting line.
- And finally fold the bottom of shrug.
- VOILA!!!! your long shrug – cardigan is ready.
NOTE: If you want to attach the sleeves you can sew the sleeves after sewing the shoulders.
How to attach the lace to the garment:
Now let’s see how to attach the lace to the cardigan.
- Keep the wrong side of lace on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Sew along the lace.
- Fold it on the right side.
- Sew on the sides of the lace.
Hope the images will help you to sew the lace on the shrug.
The final images of the cardigan below,
The shrug with sleeves.
So here we complete the sewing of long shrug – cardigan. Hope you enjoyed the learning. I have also uploaded making cardigan diy video. Don’t miss it 🙂
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
Now you can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply