Collar neck kurti drafting post finally published. One of my subscriber of our sewing channel requested to post a tutorial on kurti collar neck design, cutting and stitching for beginners. So here’s the easy and simple post.
Collar neck kurti can be paired with jeans, leggings, jeggings. This type of kurti is most popular these days. Coming to our post….
Collar neck kurti drafting
Now draw the collar neck kurti draft as mentioned below:
- 1 – 2 = Shoulder/2 + 1/4″
- 1 – 3 = Shoulder/2 – 1/2″
- 3 – 4 = Shoulder/2 – 1″
- 1 – 5 = 3″ to 3.5 ” NECKLINE WIDTH FOR FRONT AND BACK
- 1 – Z = half inch BACK NECKLINE
- 5 – A = half inch
- 5 – B = 3/4 inch (0.75 inch)
- 5 – 6 = slant line point of 5″ FRONT NECKLINE
- 5 – 6 = draw the curve shape
- 5 – C = 10″
- 6 – C = cut it for front opening
- 5 – Z = draw a curve
As you can see in the above diagram the basic draft of kurti is same. We have to make few changes in it.
- For kurti collar neck we have to take arm slope.
- For chest measurements till 32″ take 5 – A = half inch.
- For chest measurements ABOVE 32″ take 5 – A = 3/4 inch (0.75 inch)
Drafting kurti collar neckline
In the above diagram I have shown both front and back draft of collar neck kurti.
- 1 – 5 = 3″ to 3.5 ” is same for front and back of collar neck kurti.
- Mark 5 – 6 a slant line point of 5″. This is for front neckline.
- Make a curve from 5 – 6 . On this curve collar will be attached.
- Mark 1 – Z = half inch. This is for back neckline.
- Draw a curve shape from 5 – Z. This is for back neckline.
- Cut straight from 6 – C . This is our front opening.
Kurti collar neck cutting
- Fold the fabric.
- Mark the neckline width of collar neck kurti (1 – 5)
- Now cut the back armhole.
- Carefully remove the back part.
- Cut the back neckline ( 1 – Z and 5 – Z)
- Make a notch in top centre of back neckline.
- Now we will cut the front armhole.
- Now cut the curve of 5 -6. This is our front neckline.
- Cut along the line 6 – C
This finishes the kurti collar neck cutting.
Hope you enjoyed the learning. I’ve also uploaded the video kurti collar neck cutting and drafting. Hope you will view it.
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. And don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or in the comment box at the bottom of the post.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel. And please press the bell icon of our channel to get our latest videos.
Thanks to all for supporting us. Hope you will be with me in this sewing journey.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂