These days palazzo pants are trending. The every other kurti is paired with palazzo pants. So let’s see how to make a palazzo pants. In this sewing tutorial we will learn palazzo pants pattern drafting. And in the next series we will know how to stitch palazzo pants. Let’s start the sewing tutorial and we will complete the palazzo pants pattern drafting in 5 minutes.
So today we will see drafting of palazzo pants pattern.
How to make palazzo pants:
Material required for making palazzo pants draft :
- Measure tape
- Plain paper
- Elastic band
Measurements for palazzo pants:
- Hip round 36″
- Length of palazzo pants 39″
- Height of the belt 2″
- Length of the pants minus belt height will give us the length of palazzo pants for drafting palazzo pattern.
- 39″ – 2″ = 37″ + 1″ seam = 38″ length for drafting palazzo pants.
How much fabric for palazzo pants is required? You will need 2.25 – 2.50 mtrs of fabric.
In this post I’ll show you palazzo pants pattern draft. I have drafted the pattern on fabric.
Palazzo pants pattern drafting:
First let’s draw the front part of palazzo pants.
- Fold the fabric from middle width wise.
- A is the midpoint of folded fabric.
- A – B = length for drafting palazzo pants. Refer measurement tab above.
- A- B = 38″ [ 39″ – 2″ + 1″]
- Draw a straight line from A to B.
- 1 – 2 Hip round /4 + 1″
- A – 3 Hip round /3
- 2- 4 Hip round /4 + 1″
- 1 – 5 Hip round /4 + 1″
- 4 – 6 = 2″ outside.
- Draw a curve from 6 – 2. This is front curve.
- 7 – 8 = Full width of the fabric.
- Draw a line from 6 – 7.
- Join 1 – 8.
This finishes the palazzo pants draft of front side.
Now we will draw the back part of palazzo pants.
- 6 – 9 = 2″
- 2 – 10 = 1″
- Join 1 – 10.
- Draw a curve from 9- 10. This is back curve.
- Draw a line from 9 – 7
This finishes the palazzo pants draft of back side.
You can watch our video palazzo pants pattern drafting on our youtube channel. This completes the drafting of palazzo pants at home. Hope you will draft the palazzo pants pattern at earliest 🙂
How to cut palazzo pants pattern:
- First the draft the front pants pattern on the fabric. Our fabric is folded in half.
- Our front part will be 1-8-B-7-6-2-A-1.
- Now cut this pants pattern.
- So now you are having with you the front part of palazzo pants.
- Now once again fold the fabric.
- Place the Front draft on it leaving 1″ of fabric at the top of fabric. I mean 1 ” above from line 1-A-2.
- Mark the point 2- 10 = 1″.
- Join 1 – 10.
- Now mark the back curve 9 – 10.
- Our back part will be 1-8-B-7-9-10-1.
- Now cut this pattern of back part of palazzo pants draft.
Voila!! how to make palazzo pants step by step is done now 😉
In my next post we will see the sewing of the palazzo pants.
If you have any doubts at any point in palazzo drafting do comment on it.
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂