Today we will see simple plazo cutting. Last week one of my subscriber pinged me for plus size palazzo cutting steps. Palazzo pants are quite airy, and I prefer it more for the summer wear. Every other kurti can be paired with palazzo pants. There are many types of palazzo suit design which are quite vogue these days. Long straight kurti with palazzo are comfortable in all seasons to wear. Plazo cutting is very easy to follow diy. So let’s see how to make a palazzo pants. In this sewing tutorial we will learn plazo pants pattern drafting and palazzo pants cutting. In one of my previous video, I have explained how to stitch palazzo pants. Let’s start the palazzo cutting steps and we will complete the palazzo pants pattern drafting in few minutes.
The video link of plazo cutting at the bottom.
Material required for making palazzo pants draft :
- Measure tape
- Plain paper
- Elastic band
Measurements for palazzo pants:
- Hip round 40″
- Length of palazzo pants 39″
- Height of the belt 2″
- Length of the pants minus belt height will give us the length of palazzo pants for drafting plazo pattern.
- 39″ – 2″ = 37″ + 1″ seam = 38″ length for drafting palazzo pants.
How much fabric for palazzo pants is required? You will need 2.25 – 2.50 meters of fabric.
Palazzo pants pattern drafting:
First let’s draw the front part of palazzo pants.
- Fold the fabric from middle width wise.
- A is the midpoint of folded fabric.
- A – B = length for drafting palazzo pants.
- A- B = 38″ [ 39″ – 2″ + 1″]
- Draw a straight line from A to B.
- 6-7 = Full width of fabric
- 1 – 2 Hip round /4 + 1″
- 2 – 3 Hip round /3
- 3- 4 Hip round /4 + 1″
- 4 – 5 = 2″ outside.
- Draw a curve from 5 – 1. This is front crotch.
- Draw a line from 5- 6.
- Join 2 – 7
- This finishes the palazzo pants draft of front side.
Now we will draw the back part of plazo pants.
- 5 – 9 = 2″
- 1-8 = 1″
- Join 8 – 5.
- Draw a curve from 8-9. This is back crotch shape.
- Draw a line from 9 -6
- This finishes the palazzo pants draft of back side.
This completes the drafting of palazzo pants at home. Hope you will draft the palazzo pants pattern at earliest :), now lets see the plazo cutting step by step.
Plazo cutting pattern
- First fold the fabric in half width wise.
- Draft the front plazo pattern on the fabric.
- Our front part will be 1- 2- 7- B- 5- 1.
- Now cut this front plazo pattern.
- So now you are having with you the front part of palazzo pants.
- Now once again fold the fabric.
- Place the Front draft on it leaving 1″ of fabric at the top of fabric. I mean 1 ” above from line 1-A-2.
- Mark the point 1-8 = 1″.
- Join 1 – 8.
- Now mark the back crotch 5-9
- Our back part will be 8- 2 -7 -B -6 -9 -8.
- Now cut this back part of palazzo pants draft.
This completes the palazzo cutting steps. In my next post we will see the sewing of the palazzo pants. If you have any doubts at any point in plazo cutting pattern do comment on it.
The video link
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply