In my last post we saw the palazzo pants drafting. Hope you all liked it. In this sewing tutorial we will learn how to stitch palazzo pants. In my sewing video I have also shown the palazzo styling :)You can see how palazzo pants go well with crop top, kurti, front open long kurti in the palazzo pants stitching video. We mostly prefer dark colors for palazzo pants. Let’s start the sewing tutorial and we will complete the palazzo pants sewing in just 7 – 10 minutes.
Palazzo Pants Stitching method
Now you have drafted the palazzo pattern for sewing. Let’s start…….
- Keep both right side together of front palazzo pants.
- Start sewing the crotch. In the above image it is 2-4-6.
- Now take the back of palazzo pant.
- Keep both right side together of back of palazzo .
- Start sewing the crotch of back of palazzo pants. In the above image it is 2-4-9.
Palazzo pants sewing
- Lay the back of palazzo pants. Right side facing you.
- On it keep the front of palazzo pants.
- Make sure both the right side are together.
- Pin up the crotch.
- This will ensure our garment won’t move.
- Now first stitch the side seam of palazzo. In the above image it is 1-8.
- Repeat sewing on the other side as well.
- Now come to the crotch.
- Holding the centre of crotch start sewing along the inner seam of pants. In the above image it is 9-6-7.
- And while sewing the inner side you will cross the crotch.
- Come towards bottom while sewing.
- Now all the 4 sides of palazzo pants are joined with each other.
- And now your basic palazzo pant is ready.
Attaching the palazzo pants waistband :
- After sewing palazzo pants lay the pants and measure the circumference of the pants ( the top where we will attach the belt and elastic.) In the above image it is 1-A-2-10
- Cut the fabric for waistband. The length will be the circumference and width(height) of the belt will be 4″
- Start sewing the waistband with the palazzo pants.
- Elastic band needed will be your waist round minus 4″
- Keep the elastic band on waist belt and fold the seam and start sewing.
- Make sure you don’t run the stitching on the elastic.
- Equalize the gatherings and start stitching in the middle of elastic.
- Fold the bottom seam of both leg parts. (The mohri)
- Hey !!! your palazzo pants are ready to pair with your top, kurti.
This finishes palazzo pant sewing. I hope you surely enjoyed the learning. For visual learning visit our youtube channel. The palazzo pants stitching video
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Hello mam .
I Liked ur videos and most of the time when I required some corrections, I love to go through it drafts or videos .
Really helpful .
Thanks for ur guidelines
But this time I need ur guideline for purchasing sewing machine
Plz. Sugest which type of electric machine is better & with how many stitches ..
And if possible plz. Send me ur watsapp. No. Plz..
Plz. Reply mam ASAP.
Gurmeet Kaur says
Glad to know you like my videos and sewing drafts. I am using BROTHER SEWING MACHINE BM 2600 past 8 years, touchwwod I didn’t face any issues. It has 25 stitches and it’s a good choice for sewing at home. My Whatsaap no. is 9967341528.