Today we will see double layer kurti drafting and cutting. Double layered kurti are usually long kurti. If you search double layer kurti designs on web there are many varieties in it. Some kurti have straight layer some might have a curved hem at the bottom of kurti. Double layer kurti can be paired with palazzo, straight cut pants, cigarette pants. Some double layer kurti come with attached maxi skirt, umbrella skirts. Double layer kurti cutting video link below the post.
Double layer kurti cutting
First we will see the double layer kurti drafting.
The double layer kurti image above has different measurements written.
- Waist length 14″
- Waist round 36″
- Layer length 32″ + 2″
- Skirt length 42″
FABRIC REQUIRED :
PLAIN FABRIC = DOUBLE THE SKIRT LENGTH
PRINTED FABRIC = 2.5 mtrs.
- First measure the waist length.
- The point where it ends will be our point for waist round measurement.
- From waist round measure the skirt length till the floor.
- Measure the layer length from waist round till the calf muscle.
- We will make panel skirt for this double layered kurti. If you wish you can also make an umbrella skirt.
- The skirt will be attached to the layered kurti.
Double layer kurti drafting
The layer kurti cutting comprises of 3 parts:
- Upper body draft
- Layer drafting
- Skirt drafting.
In the above image
A – B = Waist length + 1″
C – D = Waist round /4 +2″
- Fold the fabric right side together.
- Draw the upper body draft as shown above.
- First cut the back.
- Now lay this back once again and draw the pattern, give the front armhole shape.
- Cut the back.
- Now once again fold the fabric in half and fold once more. So now you have 4 layers.
- Mark the length.
- Cut the layer.
Now we will see paneled skirt drafting and cutting.
First we will draft the panel for skirt.
- X – Y = Length of the skirt on folded side.
- A -B = Waist round / 6 +1″
- C – D = Circumference of the skirt/ 3
- Cut the panel from A – B -D – C
- Keep it folded from X – Y
Below is the image of skirt pattern.
Panel skirt cutting
- Fold the fabric according to your skirt length.
- On both the selvedges side keep the single panel i.e from AB – DC.
- In the middle keep the full panel I mean open the folded part. So the middle panel will be from A -B-D-C.
- The above panel skirt placement on fabric will make easier to understand.
- Now cut the panel pairs.
- You will get total 6 panels.
- 3 set for front.
- 3 set for back.
This finishes our double layer kurti cutting hope you will cut your double layer kurti soon. I hope you surely enjoyed the learning. For visual learning visit our youtube channel. The double layered kurti cutting video link
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Sewing and Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂