Today we will see how to stitch cigarette pants. Cigarette pants stitching is very easy. If you are a beginner you too can sew cigarette pants easily. Let’s quickly jump to how to stitch cigarette pants. In this cigarette pants cutting pattern I have kept the side opening. I will fix buttons and loops in the opening. If you wish you can stitch the pants without the side opening.
Now you are already aware with the cigarette pants cutting. If you have any doubt refer our post and video on cigarette pants draft. Hey!! now we will see sewing cigarette pants with buttons.
Cigarette Pants Stitching
As told earlier this pants have a side opening too. So first mark the opening. I have marked the side opening in the below cigarette pants pattern.
- 2 – 16 = 2″
- 15 – 17 = 2″
- 14 – X = 4″ or more if desired.
- 14- X is the side opening of the pants.
- So when we will stitch the outer seam we will stop the sewing at point X.
Side Open Cigarette Pants Stitching
Now we will see cigarette pants stitching step by step. I have also uploaded video of Side Opening Cigarette Pants Stitching. The link in the post 😉
The first thing we will do is sew the crotch.
- First we will sew front cigarette pants.
- Sew the crotch curve of pants.
- Now take pleats in the pants.
- In front we always take pleats.
- Take the back cigarette pants.
- Sew the crotch curve of pants.
- Now take tucks in the pants.
- In back we always take tucks.
This finishes the sewing of the crotch.
The next step will be joining the seams.
- Keep both RST (Right Side Together) of front and back pants.
- Align the front and back crotch.
- Pin both the crotch, this is the middle point of pants.
- First sew the outer seams till the side opening in our pattern it is point X.
- So now we will sew the side openings.
- For this fold the fabric from point X and start sewing the slit.
- The method will be same like we stitch the chak of kurti.
- Finish sewing both the openings.
- Attach the loops on both the openings.
- Now starting from the mid point of pants start sewing the inner seams.
- Now stitch the ankle round also.
- So now you have with you the basic ladies pants.
- Measure the waist of the stitched cigarette pants.
The video link
Sewing the cigarette pants belt
- The length of the belt will the waist round of stitched cigarette pants + 2″.
- The width of the belt will be 2″.
- Take the canvas strip of the required length.
- From above keep half inch allowance and iron it on the fabric A- B – C- D.
- Keep half inch allowance on the vertical sides also.
- Now fold and cut the fabric.
- So one side of the fabric will have the ironed canvas strip, and the other side will be BLANK.
- The below diagram will make it clear.
- Now fold the fabric inside out.
- Sew the vertical lines from near the canvas.
- Turn the belt inside out and stitch on the right side of belt. (Both the vertical lines.)
Now we will attach the belt with the pants.
- Keep the wrong side of pants facing you.
- Take the belt part which is BLANK.
- Fix the BLANK part of the belt fabric with the pants.
- Start sewing along the waist round of the pants.
- Now flip it and stitch the belt from the right side of the pants.
- Voila!! your belt is attached to the pants and your cigarette pants is ready.
- Attach pearl buttons on the side openings and pants hook on the belt.
If you have any doubts at any point in cigarette pants cutting and stitching do comment on it.
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂