This sewing tutorial post is of Frokal Kurti Dress Cutting. Now you might be thinking what is frokal?? Will tell You in the end. The dress drafting and cutting will be done in 2 parts.
Fabric Req: 2.50 mtrs
- Length mine here is = 48″
- Shoulder = 14″
- Bust Round = 36″
- Waist length = 15″
- Waist round = 34″
Frokal Dress Cutting
The cutting comprises of 2 parts:
- Bodice cutting
- Flare Cutting
The bodice length = 15″
- Draft the upper body kurti pattern. Refer here for kurti pattern.
- Draft the front of kurti designs for stitching. If you already have kurti pattern on paper use it or else draw new kurti pattern.
- We will keep the length as 15″.
- Draft will be from 1-10-11-9-3
- Length = 48″-15″(bodice length)= 33″
- Waist Round 36″
Below image is of drafting pattern. First draft this pattern on a paper.
- MIDDLE PANEL PATTERN
- 1 – 2 = Length of the skirt on the folded side.
- 1 – 5 = Waist round/8
- 1 – 3 = 5″
- 5 – 4 = 5″
- Draw a line from 3 – 4
- 2 – 6 = 14″ – 16″ approx. This is the bottom round. READ THE TIPS FOR THE MARKING OF THIS POINT.
- SIDE PANEL PATTERN
- 7 – 8 = Waist round/8 + 1.5″
- 8 – 9 = Length of the skirt on open side.
- 8 – A = 5″
- Draw a line from A – B
- 9 – 10 = 15″ – 17″ approx. This is the bottom round.
- FOR MARKING POINT 2 – 6, WHAT YOU NEED TO IS, FROM THE SELVEDGES SIDE MARK THE POINT 7 – 8. AND THE REST OF AREA WILL BE YOUR 2 – 6.
- SO BEFORE COMPLETING THE MIDDLE PANEL YOU NEED TO MARK THE SIDE PANEL TOP PART.
Now cut the middle panel and side panel of the skirt pattern.
- Fold the fabric in 4 layers, inside out.
- Keep the folded side towards you.
- On folded side keep the middle panel, and mark the skirt pattern.
- On the selvedges side keep the side panel, mark and cut.
Watch the video for sewing tutorial.
Finally Frokal means Frock+Anarkali 😉
Leave a Reply