Finally today I managed to upload the round collar neck kurti pattern. It was pending since long. I promised one of my subscriber on FB to post it way back couple of months. But I just missed it, and last week she once again pinged me and I was just feeling sorry for not posting on time. And I promised (Pakka Wala) I’ll post the round neck collar kurti draft ASAP. So let’s start our drafting round collar neck kurti diagram. Video link at the bottom of post.
How to make round collar neck kurti pattern
This type of kurti has collar band which hugs the neck round 😉 Now coming to our post…..
Measurements needed for round collar neck kurti kameez draft will be same as our kurti measurements. The kurti draft will be same, just we have to do some changes.
Drafting round collar kurti
- 1-2 Shoulder/2 + ¼”
- 1-3 Shoulder/2
- 3-4 Shoulder/2 – 1”
- 3-X Bust Round /4 + 2″
- 1-6 3″ Neckline width
- 1-7 3″ Neckline length front
- 1-8 Half inch Back neckline length
- 2-5 3/4”
- 6-5 join
- 4 – A 1″
- A- B 1″
- 7 – 9 6″ opening of front
- Rest draw the kurti pattern as usual. Refer the kurti drafting pattern here
- In the above round collar neck kurti pattern making the front armhole is in blue color and the back armhole is in red color.
- In the above round collar kurti pattern the front neckline is in blue color and the back neckline is in red color.
Round collar neck kurti pattern drawing
- First draw the length of the kurti on the folded side.
- Mark 1-2 = Shoulder/2 + ¼”
- Mark 1-3 = Shoulder/2
- Mark 3-4 = Shoulder/2 – 1”
- Mark 3-X = Bust Round /4 + 2″ and draw the line.
- Mark 1-6 = 3″ Neckline width
- Mark 1-7 = 3″ Neckline length front.
- Draw the front neckline round shape from 6 -7.
- Mark 1-8 = Half inch Back neckline length
- Draw the back neckline shape from 6 – 8.
- Mark 2-5 = 3/4”
- Join the arm slope = 6-5
- Mark the front armhole 4 – A 1″ and draw the front armhole connecting 5 -A -X
- Mark the back armhole A- B 1″ and draw the back armhole connecting 5 -B -X
- Mark 7 – 9 = 6″ and draw a straight line for the opening of front .
This finishes round collar neck design making.
Now lets see the round collar pattern making
How to make round collar pattern:
Measurements needed for making round collar design:
Fusing Canvas / Buckram
First make the round collar diagram on sheet of paper.
Drafting round collar design
- Take the paper sheet of the length of collar
- The width will be 5″ if paper.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Mark 1 – 2 = 3″
- Mark 2-4 = 3″
- Mark 4-5 = 3″
- Draw the rectangle from 2-5-3.
- From 4-3 make the round neck curve.
- From 2 – A take 1″ collar width.
- Mark 1″ width all around the collar shape.
- Cut the collar from A-B and 2-4-3.
- Give the corner shape.
- And you collar is ready.
Now after cutting the collar match it with your kurti neckline. If it’s ok draft it on canvas.
So here we complete how to make round collar neck kurti pattern and how to make round collar pattern.
Hope you enjoyed the learning. I have also uploaded video on this. Don’t miss to watch the link
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Sewing and Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Nice draft. Can you please tell where do we find the stitching instructions for this ?
Gurmeet Kaur says
Thanks for the comment, which reminded me of the video still not uploaded. Will try to post soon the stitching instructions and video.Keep visiting 🙂
JITENDER SINGH BHANDARI says
I WANT TO SUGGES, PLEASE SHOW ALL MEASURMENT OF DRAFTING LADIES KURTA STEP BY STEP AND MEASURMENT SHOW ALL DRAFTING LINE.
Gurmeet Kaur says
The ladies kurta draft is already on our website. The link of kurti pattern drafting http://www.mythreadcreations.com/2016/04/how-to-draft-a-kurti-pattern.html
Thanks for sharing
Gurmeet Kaur says
Thanks for the compliments. Do visit our youtube channel for video on round collar cutting