Hey !! Today I am back with a fresh new tutorial of A line kurti drafting pattern. This designer A line kurti is very easy to cut. As you can see it has 2 different colored fabric. The look of this stylish A line dress is enhanced by using 2 colored fabric. The fabric color for this A line dress can be plain and printed or 2 different colored prints with contrast color or same color. The length of the kurti will be 44″. To make A line dress pattern you will need simple kurti drafting pattern.
Fabric required for this 2 colored A line kurti kameez is 1.5 meters each.
A line kurti pattern drafting and cutting
Now to make A line dress pattern we will need the basic kurti patterns. To know more about simple kurti drafting pattern visit this link.
Measurements for A line Kurti Kameez:
- Length 44″
- Bust Round 36″
- Shoulder 14″
- Waist Round 30″
- Hip round 38″
- Waist length 14″ The Vertical measurement from shoulder to waist
Let’s see how to make A line kurti draft:
- Draw the length on folded side of paper that is 1- 2
- Mark the shoulder measurements from 1-3, 1-4, 4-5.
- Mark the bust round 4-9.
- Mark the waist round 10-11.
- Mark the hip round 12-13
- Mark the bottom of A line kurti 2-14.
- Now from 14 – C take 5″.
- Join 11 – C.
- C-D = 1″.
- Mark the armhole.
- Draw the neckline.
- Mark the chak measurements. As this A line kurti will be open from sides.
- Now cut the A line kurti pattern from 1 -3-9-11-D-2.
Now open this A line kurti kameez pattern. As shown below.
- Take the midpoint of 6-3. Name it as A.
- Take the midpoint of 2-C. Name it as B.
- Draw a line from A to B.
- To the right part give no.1
- To the left part give no.2
- Cut from A-B.
Designer A Line Kurti Cutting with Drafting In 6 Easy Steps
So time to start with our 6 steps A line kurti cutting.
- Draw the A line kurti pattern on paper as explained above.
- Fold the fabric and keep the A line kurti pattern on your fabric. Cut the back of A line kurti.
- Now draw the front neckline on paper pattern. Cut the front Armhole.
- Open the A line kurti pattern mark the point A and B. Cut the line from A-B.
- Keep the left part of paper pattern on fabric as explained in aline kurti cutting video. Cut the left part of the front of A line kurti.
- Keep the right part of paper pattern on fabric as explained in a line kurti cutting video. Cut the right part of the front of A line kurti.
This finishes the A line dress drafting and cutting in 6 simple steps. What say??? Did you like the way I explained?? Please do write to us in the comment box. In my next tutorial we see the A line kurti sewing.
The link of A line kurti cutting video 🙂
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or on our Whatsapp number 9967341528
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Sewing and Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Thanks for sharing keep up good work
Gurmeet Kaur says
Thanks for the compliments.
Do visit our youtube channel for video on a line kurti cutting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zflc2jSoy-Y