Fresh new starting of the sewing tutorial with princess cut kurti pattern making. Princess cut kurti designs gives the body the perfect curves. The princess cut kurti has shaped seams. These seams can start from the shoulder, armhole. And we end the seams at the waist or till the bottom of kurti. This gives our garment the perfect shape. The princess cut kurti is usually A line kurti, means it has no side openings. But if you wish you can make it straight cut kurti too 🙂
We can make any type of neckline with princess cut kurti top. You can opt for collar neck, front open kurti, boat neck kurti or simple heart shape neckline. Let’s start our princess cut top pattern making. The easy and simple
Princess Cut Kurti Cutting And Stitching
To start with princess cut top pattern drafting we need to keep ready our kurti pattern.
Above is the kurti cutting pattern. In the kurti pattern I have added the princess cut pattern drafting.
Princess cut kurti pattern drafting
Measurements required for kurti drafting:
|SCALE= BUST ROUND/2||18″|
How to draw the princess cut kurti pattern at home:
|2 – 15||18″|
|5 – F||1.5″|
|7- G||Scale /5 + 1/2″|
|G – H||4″|
|G – I||4″|
|2 – K||6″|
|I – J||Straight line|
- Draw the pattern on paper as shown above.
- The princess cut kurti will be flared, but if you wish you can also keep it straight cut kurti.
- Mark the princess seams as explained in the above table.
- Give the princess seams shape from F – H – G – I – K.
- Now our pattern is divided in 2 panels. The center panel and the side panel.
- The center panel is from 1-3-F-H-I-K -(J)-2-1.
- The side panel is from F-H-I-K-15-6.
- Cut the princess seams shape.
This finishes our cutting princess cut kurti / kameez/ top pattern on paper.
Tips for drafting:
- I have drafted flared Princess cut kurti.
- If you wanna make it straight cut kurti, you can draft the straight kurti pattern.
- The centre panel can be straight.
- If making flared princess cut kurti close the side openings.
- For straight cut kurti keep the side openings open.
Princess cut kurti cutting
Fabric required for making princess cut kurti:
- If using 2 different colored fabrics take 1.25 mtrs each.
- If single color colored fabric take 2.50 mtrs.
How to cut princess cut kurti
- Fold the fabric from middle.
- Once again fold according to the width of our center panel.
- Trace the center panel and cut it.
- For side panels fold fabric in 4 layers.
- Trace and cut it.
Join us on social media, we are omnipresent 😉 Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and also on Whatsapp.
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply