Today we will see plus size palazzo pants cutting and stitching. Last week one of my subscriber pinged me for plus size palazzo cutting steps. Palazzo pants are quite airy, and I prefer it more for the summer wear. Every other kurti can be paired with palazzo pants. There are many types of palazzo suit design which are quite vogue these days. Long straight kurti with palazzo are comfortable in all seasons to wear. Plazo cutting is very easy to follow diy. So let’s see how to make a palazzo pants. In this sewing tutorial we will learn plazo pants pattern drafting and palazzo pants cutting. In one of my previous video, I have explained how to stitch palazzo pants. Let’s start the palazzo cutting steps and we will complete the palazzo pants pattern drafting in few minutes.
The video link of pant plazo cutting and stitching at the bottom.
Plus Size Plazo cutting
Material required for making plus size palazzo pants draft :
- Measure tape
- Plain paper
- Elastic band (OPTIONAL) I’ll opt for drawstring in this sewing tutorial video.
Measurements for plus size palazzo pants:
- Hip round 48″
- Length of palazzo pants 38″
- Height of the belt 2″
- Length of the pants minus belt height will give us the length of palazzo pants for drafting plazo pattern.
- 38″ – 2″ = 36″ + 1″ seam = 37″ length for drafting palazzo pants.
How much fabric for plus size palazzo pants is required? You will need 2.25 – 2.50 meters of fabric.
Palazzo pants pattern drafting:
First let’s draw the front part of palazzo pants.
- Fold the fabric from middle width wise.
- 1 is the midpoint of folded fabric.
- 1 – 2 = length for drafting palazzo pants.
- 1- 2 = 37″ [ 38″ – 2″ + 1″]
- Draw a straight line from 1 to 2.
- A-B = Full width of fabric
- 3 – 4 Hip round /4 + 1″
- 4-5 & 3-6 = Hip round /3
- Give the shape with hip curve at 4-5
- 6 – 7 = 2″ outside.
- Draw a curve from 3- 7 This is front crotch.
- Join 5-B and 7-A
- This finishes the palazzo pants draft of front side.
Now we will draw the back part of plazo pants.
- 3-8 = 2″
- 8-9 = 2″
- 7-10 = 2″
- Draw a curve from 10. This is back crotch shape.
- Give the hip curve shape
- Join 5-B and 10-A
- This finishes the palazzo pants draft of back side.
This completes the drafting of palazzo pants at home. Hope you will draft the palazzo pants pattern at earliest :), now lets see the plazo cutting step by step.
Plazo cutting pattern
- First fold the fabric in half width wise.
- Draft the front plazo pattern on the fabric.
- Our front part will be 3-4-B-A-7
- Now cut this front plazo pattern.
- So now you are having with you the front part of palazzo pants.
- Now once again fold the fabric.
- Place the Front draft on it leaving 2″ of fabric at the top of fabric. I mean 2 ” above from line 3-1-4
- Mark the point 3-8 = 2″.
- Draw the line from 9-7.
- Now mark the back crotch.
- Our back part will be 9-4-B-A-10
- Now cut this back part of palazzo pants draft.
This completes the palazzo cutting steps. Let’s see the sewing of the palazzo pants in video. If you have any doubts at any point in plazo cutting pattern do comment on it.
The video link
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply