A quick post of deep back neck cutting. Normally we wear back neckline of 3-4 “, so for that we can use our normal drafting of kurti. But when we want back neckline deep, we need to do some changes. So let’s see the alteration we need to do for deep gala.
Deep Neckline Tutorial:
First let’s see the normal kurti pattern explained below.
- Draft the kurti pattern.
- 1-2 is the folded side length for the kurti = Length
- 1-3 = Shoulder/2 + 0.25 inch
- 1-4 = Shoulder/2 – 0.50 inch
- 4-5 = Shoulder/2 – 0.50 inch
- Join 3-5.
- 4-6 Bust round/4 + 2″
- 3-8= half inch
- 1-9= 3″ Neckline width
- Join 8-9 shoulder slope
- 5-10 = 1″ for front armhole
- 10-11 = half inch. for back armhole
Deep neckline calculation:
Below are the Back Neckline Length:
- 1-a = 3″
- 1-b = 4″
- 1-c = 5″
- 1-d = 6″
- 1-e = 7″
The shoulder line measurement will be as follow for the deep back neck. From 1-3 is the shoulder line.
- 1-3(A) = Shoulder/2 + 0.25 inch
- 1-B = Shoulder/2 – 0.25 inch
- 1-C = Shoulder/2 – 0.50 inch
- 1-D = Shoulder/2 – 0.75 inch
- 1-E = Shoulder/2 – 1 inch
You can draft the back neck according to above measurements.
- First draw the neckline length and then mark the shoulder length.
- Mark the both armhole point.
- Draw the armhole accordingly.
- For neckline length more than 7″ the back neckline calculation will be same that of 7″.
- Minimum Shoulder line length should be 6″. (1-3)
- Minimum length between 3-5 should be at-least 6″.
Neckline calculation chart:
This finishes our deep neckline drafting. Hope you find it easy to follow. Feel free to post your comments, doubts, suggestions in the comment box. You can also send us your kurti design request on our FB page , Instagram, Whatsapp. The video link below.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel. Watch our youtube stories for behind the scenes of MTC..
Happy Sewing 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂