Whenever we have a social function or any festivities near around,one question always hovers what to wear for that particular function.Everyone wants to look gorgeous,stunning.Mostly now-a-days everyone is wearing Anarakli dress for such functions.
You might be thinking why I have started writing about the dress and not the tutorial.Wait a moment!! I’ll show today Anarkali Dress cutting and sewing.
Basically Anarkali is full flared dress,with 20,22 kalis in all.The kalis either start from shoulder and end upto knee length or still more.Or half bodice is attached to the kalis till the desired length.
First we’ll go with kalis strating from shoulder.The below mentioned draft is of the kali.
1-2= Full length+3″ (FOLDED SIDE OF PAPER)
1-3= Waist length
Point 6 exactly opposite to 3
Point 7 exactly opposite to 4
Seam allowance is included.
Fabric needed 4 mt.
Lining 2 mt.
Draw the above pattern on paper.And now open it so you will get your ready kali. Now open the paper keep this paper on fabric and the layout is shown below.Follow this layout ONLY for plain fabric.If your fabric is printed take care of the design,keep kali in one single way I mean don’t invert the kali as shown in layout.
If the chest measurement is 30″-32″ take 20 kalis i.e 10 kalis for each back and front respectively;for 34″onwards one can take 22 kalis i.e 11 kalis for each back and front piece.
1) Sew the kalis with both right side facing each other.So you have 10 set of kali for back and 10 set of kali for front.
2) Fold one set in half and trace on it the front part of kurti draft i.e 1-8 on folded side and 3-5-7-9 on open side and cut from this side till point 9 (refer how to stitch simple kurti ). Arm hole/scye will be 3-A-5.
3) Fold the another set in half and trace back draft same as above and here the arm hole/scye will be 3-B-5.
4) CUT THE TRACED PART TILL POINT 9 ONLY AS REST IS THE FLARE OF OUR DEAR ANARKALI.:)
5) Now cut our simple kurta draft on lining also.
6) Attach both the lining with front and back kalis set.
7) Make necklines as required.
8) Attach the front and back.
9) Sew along the seams with lining attached according to your fitting requirements till point 9 only.
10) Below point 9 sew along the seams of kalis.
11) Below point 9 of lining sew the seams.
DON’T ATTACH THE FLARE OF KALIS WITH LINING. KEEP BOTH THE PARTS SEPARATED.
12) Now fold along the bottom line of anarkali which is point 2-8 of our kalis.
If you wish you can fix any border on the bottom line.And you anarkali is ready.
So when are you going to stitch it?? I hope your answer will be RIGHT NOW provided you are having your fabric ready 🙂
Any way keep the paper pattern of kali ready naa..
LOVE ‘N’ GRATITUDE