Today I’m gonna write about boat neck kurti cutting . Boat neck kurti and blouses are trending now a days. Sometimes you might feel bored of those regular kurti necklines. Collar neckline, heart shape neckline, round neckline are common in kurtis. Let’s do something new today!!!!
The video link of how to make boat neck in the post.
Measurements for boat neckline:
- LENGTH 40″
- SHOULDER 14″
- BUST ROUND 36″
- SCALE 18″ (BUST ROUND / 2 )
- WAIST LENGTH 15″
- WAIST 34″
- HIP ROUND 38″
Boat Neck Kurti Drafting
Below is boat neck draft. First we will draft the pattern. Now here you can directly draft the boat neck kurti pattern on fabric or you can first draft it on paper. Let’s move quickly……..
- 1 – 2 = Full length of kurti + 2″
- 1- 5 = Shoulder/ 2 + half inch
- 1 – 3 = Shoulder / 2
- 3 – 4 = Shoulder/ 2 minus half inch
- 3 – 6 = Bust round/ 4 + 2″
- 5 – 7 = Half inch
- 5 – A = 2.5″ (fix read the tips below)
- 1 – C =Scale/6 +half inch
- C – B =1″ above
- 4 – D = 1″
- D – E = 1″
How to make boat neck
- Mark 5 – A = 2.5″
- Mark 1 – C =Scale/6 +half inch
- Mark 1″ above the point C. This will be your point B . (C – B =1″ above)
- Now with the help of French curve make the neckline shape.
- Curve from A – B is back boat neckline curve.
- Curve from A – C is front boat neckline curve.
- Mark the shoulder slope.
- Make the armhole curves.
TIPS: TO MARK THE BOAT NECKLINE CURVE WHAT WE DO IS
- DIVIDE THE SHOULDER LINE 1 – 5 IN 3 EQUAL PARTS.
- 1 PART IS IN 5 -A.
- 2 PARTS IN 1 – A
This finishes how to make boat neck draft.
Hope you enjoyed the learning. I’ve also uploaded boat neck drafting and cutting video. Hope you will view it.
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel. And please press the bell icon of our channel to get our latest videos. Very soon I’ll upload boat neck stitching video. Don’t miss it.
Thanks to all for supporting us. Hope you will be with me in this sewing journey.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂