Today is the speedy cutting and sewing tutorial of half collar kurti cutting and stitching. Last tutorial was about half collar drafting. Half collar cutting and stitching is really very easy. If you are newbie in sewing you too can make half collar kurti design with ease. So now lets come to our sewing tutorial. Half collar kurti cutting and sewing at home made easy for you. Watch the video in the post to stitch at home.
Half collar neck kurti cutting
Keep your fabric, chalk, measurements, measure tape ready for the half collar kurti cutting.
- Bust round
- Waist round
- Waist length
- Bottom round
- Neckline length
- Neckline width
How to make half collar neck kurti
- Fold the fabric in half.
- Draw the kurti pattern.
- Give the armhole shape of kurti.
- First cut the back of kurti.
- Now give the front armhole shape.
- Cut the front of kurti.
- From the side extra fabric cut the sleeves.
Below image of front neckline of half collar kurti
- A – B = 3″
- B – C = 7″
- Give the front neckline shape from B – C.
The back neckline cutting.
- A – B = 3″
- B- C = Half inch
- Give the back neckline shape from A – C.
Half Collar Kurti Stitching
- Cut the front neckline shape.
- Take the fusing canvas and draw the neckline shape.
- Iron the canvas neckline shape on extra fabric.
- Keep allowance of half inch from all side and cut the fabric.
- Keep the RST of canvas fabric and the kurti front.
- Stitch the front canvas neckline.
- Now your front neckline stitching is completed.
- Now join the shoulder of front with the back.
- Fold the kurti fabric from middle.
- Mark the point on front till where you need the half collar.
- Measure the length from A – B as shown in image below.
How to cut collar
- Daw the collar draft. Refer the post
- Take the extra fabric for collar.
- Iron the canvas collar on the fabric.
- Leave half inch allowance from all side of fabric.
- Cut the canvas strip.
- Cut one more fabric of same size.
- Now keep both RST of fabric and stitch along the collar curve, from all 3 sides.
- Do not stitch the neckline side of canvas strip.
- Start stitching the collar with the kurti as shown in video.
- Finally complete the sewing of rest of the kurti.
The video link
Now you can also send me your sewing request on my Whatsapp Number 9967341528. You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page or our Whatsapp Number 9967341528. Follow us on our Instagram page
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Sewing 🙂
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply