Friends let’s learn sewing neck placket. Neck placket are used in kurti, kameez, shirts, tunics. When we stitch collar neckline the first thing we do is stitching neck placket. Of course, we can stitch neck placket without collar neckline too. I have also uploaded how to sew a neckline placket video.
How to make neck placket
- Draw the simple kurti pattern. Refer here 🙂 ( If your desired neckline is U shape)
- If you wish to stitch collar neck kurti refer this pattern.
- Draw the desired neckline.
- Draw a middle slit of neckline and cut it.
- Measure the slit of neckline. We will attach the patti here.
- Cut 2 strips of fabric. Take contrast color. See the below pic.
- Place both the strip on the kurti / shirt.
- Start sewing along the side of strip.
- Follow the below snaps.
Placket Sewing Tutorial:
- Fold the strip as shown below.
- Now once again fold as shown below:
- Start stitching the strip.
- Similarly sew the other strip also.
- After sewing both the strips, place the placket together.
- Mark the opening of neckline.
- Attach both the strips together.
- Start sewing till the desired length of the placket.
- Finish the corners of the plackets.
- And your placket neckline is ready.
So here we complete the placket neckline stitching tutorial. Hope you enjoyed the learning. I’ve also uploaded the video. Hope you will view it.
Learn how to cut straight leg ladies pants here.
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel. And please press the bell icon of our channel to get our latest videos. Very soon I’ll upload kurti collar neck stitching video. Don’t miss it.
Recently our channel crossed 5 K subscriber. Thanks to all for supporting us. Hope you will be with me in this sewing journey.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply