Friends, let’s see straight cut kurti cutting . First we will draft the pattern of straight cut designer kurti and then the straight cut designer kurti cutting on fabric. In this sewing tutorial we will need two different color fabric. One for the centre yoke of kurti and another one for the sides of kurti. First I have drawn the basic design of kurti on the paper. So you can understand the kurti design easily. You can also see zentangle design in the centre of kurti. I took help of the video of draw online youtube channel. The link of the video 🙂 Hope you will visit the channel. Below is the design of kurti. You can see we need 2 different fabrics okay. You can make any kurti neckline design as per your choice. I’ll be attaching a zipper in the kurti front neckline. The sewing tutorial video link of straight cut kurti cutting in the post.
Straight Cut Designer Kurti Cutting
Fabric required for this designer straight cut kurti will be 1.25 mtrs each. I mean 1.25 + 1.25 = 2.50 mtrs total.
Straight Cut Kurti Drafting
Below is the draft of kurti. You can follow this link on how to cut kurti . The straight cut kurti are long so I’ve taken 44″ length of the kurti. Other measurements mentioned below.
Measurements required for making kurti pattern
- Length 44″
- Bust Round 36″
- Shoulder 14″
- Waist Round 30″
- Waist length 14″ The Vertical measurement from shoulder to waist
- Hip round 36″
- Scale = Bust Round/2 gives us the scale measurement
How to make straight cut kurti pattern:
- A- B = Waist length = 14″
- B – C = Scale/6 + 1.5″
- Draw a vertical line from Point C.
- This line will be from top to bottom.
- Cut the line from D crossing C and going to the bottom of kurti.
- Now you will have 2 parts. One the straight line and one from the sides.
- The image below….
Straight cut kurti cutting
- Now first we cut the armhole part. The part where my palm is. Measure the bottom part . My is 8″.
- Lay the fabric selvedges towards you.
- Mark 16″.
- Fold the fabric.
- Once again fold the fabric.
- Now you have 4 folds each of 8″.
- Lay the pattern over it as shown below.
- Now mark the outline of straight cut kurti pattern.
- Cut along.
Now we will cut the middle yoke of kurti.
- The middle yoke is the long patti in the image I have written FOLD on it.
- It is 4.5″.
- Lay the fabric.
- Mark a point at 9″
- Fold the fabric at 9″
- Now you will have 2 long patti of 9″ each.
- Cut them.
- Now cut the sleeves too.
This finishes the straight cut kurti cutting. The video
Straight cut kurti can be paired with palazzo pants, patiala salwar, simple pants too. Learn palazzo pants cutting and sewing here. You can also stitch designer kurti neckline by watching the video here.
The designer yoke neckline sewing video link.
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on ourFACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel. And please press the bell icon of our channel to get our latest videos. Very soon I’ll upload straight cut kurti stitching video. Don’t miss it.
Hope you will subscribe to our website too 🙂
Thanks to all for supporting us. Hope you will be with me in this sewing journey.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂
Leave a Reply