Last week I uploaded kurti sewing tutorials on our youtube channel. Today we will see here the written post of how to stitch kurti. In my older sewing posts I have explained about stitching kurti. This post is the written version of my sewing video.
I would like to request the valuable subscribers of this website, to subscribe our channel also. So that you don’t miss our sewing tutorials. Hope you will subscribe the channel. I have uploaded 3 videos on kurti sewing. The link of the playlist of sewing kurti at home 🙂
How to make a simple kurti / kameez
Hope you all are aware how to cut kurti. If you have any doubt you can check the cutting kurti here. The first step in sewing a kurti / kameez is making the kurti neck design. There are many designs for kurti neckline. You can select as per your choice. The method to cut kurti neckline was explained in my previous post. Here’s the link of the post how to cut kurti neck design.
After cutting the neckline it’s time to stitch kurti neck design. You can check the post on how to stitch kurti neck design to learn the step wise method of making kurti neck design. If you have any doubts you can ask it in the comment section of the post, or on our channel.
Kurti stitching step by step:
- First of all sew the kurti neck design of front as well as of back
- Now we will join both the shoulder part of kurti.
- Keep both the right side together.
- Take the back shoulder and keep it on the front shoulder.
- Make sure you the right side is on right side.
- Now fold the back neck design patti on the front shoulder.
- Repeat same method for the other shoulder also.
- So now our both shoulders are joined with each other.
Attaching the kurti sleeves:
- First we will fold the arm round of the sleeves.
- Fold the arm round at 1/2″ first and then again at 1/2 “.
- Now keep both right side together of the sleeve and the kurti.
- Make sure the inner curve of sleeves is with the front armhole of kurti.
- And the outer curve of sleeves is with the back armhole of kurti.
- The center of sleeves curve should match the center of kurti armhole.
- Keep the sleeves down and kurti on top.
- Start sewing the sleeves.
- Now both the sleeves are joined with the kurti.
So now you have completed sewing kurti neck design, joining kurti shoulders, attaching kurti sleeves.These are the basic steps of sewing kurti. Moving forward….
- Hope your fitting measurements are marked on kurti. If not then mark the measurements as mentioned in point no. 2 and 3.
- Fold the kurti in half.
- Mark the measurement of arm round, the chest, the waist, and the hip.
- Start sewing from the sleeves arm round and coming down of the kurti and stop at hip measurement.
- This will be our chak point ( slit opening of kurti)
- Sew along the fitting measurements of kurti on both the sides.
- Now turn the kurti inside out.
- We will now fold the chak (slits ) of kurti.
- Starting from the bottom of kurti, fold the chak first at 1/2 ” and then at then again at 1/2 “.
- Start sewing along the edges of kurti slits.
- Complete sewing of all 4 chak / slits.
- Finally sew the bottom seams.
Voila!!! this completes kurti sewing method.
Hope you understood how to stitch kurti at home. I have explained kurti sewing step by step. Still if you have any doubts regarding making kurti do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing any garment tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂