In my last post we saw how to make neckline placket. Today’s post is about color placket making for kurti. One of our viewer had requested on our FB page for this tutorial. The visual learning link of how to make neck placket in our post.
How to cut placket neckline
- Draw the simple kurti pattern. Refer here 🙂
- If you wish to stitch collar neck kurti refer this pattern.
- Take the neckline width = 3 inches, as shown in below image.
- Take the neckline length = 4 inches, as shown in below image.
- Mark a point at 10 inches from top as shown in below image. This will be for the slit of the neckline opening. The opening can be increased as per your choice like till 10″ or 12″.
- Give the round shape of neckline as shown below.
- Now cut the neckline and the slit (opening).
- Cut a small slant cut at the end of the slit as shown below.
- The final output of cutting below.
- Cut two strips of length 8″ and width 2″. (YOU CAN INCREASE THE LENGTH AND WIDTH ACCORDING TO YOUR CHOICE)
- You can use both strips of different colors. I have used one different color.
How to sew placket neckline
- First of all fold one of the strip length wise from middle and iron the strip. This will help you to keep the strip in perfect position.
- On the wrong side of fabric place the strip on the slit.
- Start sewing the strip with your base fabric. Lock it near the cut.
- Turn the fabric.
- Fold the strip about half inch and lay it on the slit.
- Start sewing along the edges of the strip.
- Repeat the same procedure for the second strip too.
- Now align both the strips.
- The color strip will be below and the same color strip will overlap it.
- Sew along the edges of overlap part too.
- So this is our placket neckline made in simple and easy method isn’t it??
So here we complete the placket neckline stitching tutorial. Hope you enjoyed the learning. I’ve also uploaded the video. Hope you will view it. Placket making video link 🙂
Learn how to cut straight leg ladies pants here.
If you have any doubts do comment on it.
You can also upload your creations along with your comment. If you have any request on sewing tell us on our FB page. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on our FACEBOOK page.
Hope you will share the video and subscribe the channel. And please press the bell icon of our channel to get our latest videos.
Happy Blogging 😉
Love “N” Gratitude 🙂